You’ll have to actually open your thoughts to do that pizza, however by now I hope you possibly can belief me that these flavors and textures work nicely collectively. The creaminess of the beans, the pop of freshness from the entire lemon slices, the saltiness and smoothness of the Manchego, the tartness of the artichoke … it really works.
There actually is loads occurring, and I do know you’ll like it. This pizza is definitely a tackle a pizza I did the primary time I competed in Parma in 2018. I used escarole there, however over time my tastes have modified and I actually favor the pepper taste and the look of the micro watercress to the crunch of the escarole. Not understanding what the Italians would consider this pizza, and me being tremendous naive to worldwide competitions, I used to be stunned that they really favored it. I feel you’ll too!
Chris Decker is managing accomplice at Metro Pizza in Las Vegas, NV. Instagram: @everythingbutanchovies
Recent Lemon, Manchego and Artichoke Pizza
Writer: Pizza Right this moment
Recipe sort: pizza
- 1 8-10 ounce dough ball
- 3 ounces Manchego (shredded)
- 1 ounce recent mozzarella (cubed)
- 15.5 ounces can cannellini beans (rinsed & dried)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher or flake salt
- 2 ounces child artichoke hearts (drained)
- 4 slices of recent lemon (sliced as skinny as potential, however nonetheless a full circle slice)
- Micro watercress
- Earlier than you stretch your dough, add the cannelini beans to a mixing bowl and add the tablespoon of top quality olive oil and a teaspoon of salt. Mash the beans and stir to include the oil and salt, however maintain a lot of the beans entire.
- Stretch dough ball to desired measurement.
- Prime by spreading the Manchego, then dotting the recent mozzarella.
- Place lemon items round pizza, then layer the beans and artichoke hearts over the pizza.
- Gently break the artichoke hearts to present you a fair unfold of toppings with typically the identical measurement.
- Bake at 550 F for 8-10 minutes, then let cool on a cooling rack for a minute or two earlier than topping with freshly grated Romano and child watercress.