See my information on the best way to use an Immediate Pot.
This Teriyaki Hen has tender bites of rooster coated in a candy and savory selfmade teriyaki sauce. It’s extremely simple to make and positive to develop into a quick favourite!
I’m all the time searching for extra fast and straightforward dinner concepts, particularly these which can be prepared in half-hour or much less, like this teriyaki rooster. On this recipe, bite-size items of rooster are browned in a skillet after which tossed with a straightforward and flavorful selfmade Teriyaki Sauce. The sauce thickens up within the pan, coating each chunk of rooster. It’s candy and tangy with a punch of taste due to contemporary ginger and garlic.
I prefer to serve this teriyaki rooster with rice and broccoli for a whole meal. This recipe instantly grew to become one in all my household’s favourite dinners and I believe will probably be one in all yours, too!
Teriyaki Hen Substances
Right here’s what you’ll must make this rooster teriyaki.
- Soy Sauce: Use a low sodium soy sauce in order that the dish doesn’t end up too salty.
- Water: To skinny out the sauce.
- Brown Sugar and Honey: For sweetness.
- Rice Vinegar: Brings bitter taste to stability out the sweetness.
- Sesame Oil: Provides a contact of sesame taste.
- Contemporary Ginger and Garlic: Utilizing contemporary ginger and contemporary garlic offers you probably the most flavorful sauce.
- Cornstarch: Thickens the teriyaki sauce when it hits the new pan.
- Oil: For browning the rooster.
- Hen: I’ve made this dish each with boneless, skinless rooster breasts and with boneless, skinless rooster thighs. Each work effectively! Hen thighs are a bit extra flavorful; use whichever you favor.
- Pepper: To season the rooster.
Find out how to Make Teriyaki Hen
Making this teriyaki rooster recipe is so simple as combining the teriyaki sauce components, browning the rooster after which including the sauce to the pan. Discover the complete printable recipe with ingredient quantities and directions within the recipe card under.
- First, whisk collectively the teriyaki sauce components in a small bowl: soy sauce, water, brown sugar, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, minced garlic and cornstarch.
- Warmth the oil in a big skillet. Add the rooster items, season with pepper, and cook dinner till cooked by, flipping the items of rooster in order that they cook dinner evenly on all sides.
- Pour within the sauce and cook dinner for 1-2 minutes, stirring, till the sauce thickens. Serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and chopped inexperienced onions.
Like this recipe? Pin it to Pinterest!
- Add Veggies: As soon as the rooster is cooked by, take away it to a clear plate. Then add your chopped greens of option to the pan. (Attempt broccoli florets, snow peas, onions, bell peppers or mushrooms.) Stir-fry the veggies till crisp tender, then return the rooster to the pan and add the sauce.
- Add Pineapple: Stir in chopped contemporary pineapple or canned pineapple chunks (drain off the juice) after including the sauce. You’ll be able to change the water on this recipe with pineapple juice from the can.
- No Contemporary Ginger? Whereas utilizing contemporary ginger offers you the most effective taste, you possibly can substitute 1/2 teaspoon of floor ginger when you don’t have contemporary.
- Add Spice: Add a pinch or two of crushed crimson pepper flakes to the sauce.
- Gluten-Free: Exchange the soy sauce with gluten-free tamari, gluten-free coconut aminos or gluten-free soy sauce.
What to Serve with Teriyaki Hen
Serve teriyaki rooster over white rice, Immediate Pot rice, brown rice or quinoa. Or, serve fried rice on the aspect. Pair this dish with a easy vegetable, akin to broccoli.
Extra Simple Hen Recipes
When you like this recipe, you may also take pleasure in this Teriyaki Salmon and Sesame Hen. Or, attempt one in all these simple rooster recipes subsequent:
Saucy, sticky teriyaki rooster is the right addition to your meal plan this week!
This fast and straightforward Teriyaki Hen recipe is prepared in half-hour (or much less!). Tender bites of rooster are coated in a candy and tangy selfmade teriyaki sauce.
Forestall your display from going darkish
Mix the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and cornstarch in a small bowl. Whisk till effectively mixed.
In a big skillet, warmth the olive oil over medium-high warmth. Add the rooster items to the pan and season with pepper. Let the rooster brown on the primary aspect for a couple of minutes after which flip, and proceed cooking, stirring often, till cooked by. (This may take about 7-10 minutes, relying on the scale of your rooster items. Thighs take a bit longer to cook dinner by than rooster breasts.) If the pan will get too scorching, scale back the warmth to medium.
Whisk the sauce once more to verify every thing is effectively mixed after which pour the sauce into the pan with the rooster. Prepare dinner, stirring, for 1-2 minutes, till the sauce thickens.
Serve rooster and sauce over rice, topped with inexperienced onions and sesame seeds if desired.
- Whereas utilizing contemporary ginger offers you the most effective taste, you possibly can substitute 1/2 teaspoon of floor ginger when you don’t have contemporary obtainable.
- Vitamin data estimate calculated for recipe made with boneless, skinless rooster breast and doesn’t embody rice.
Serving: 1/4 recipe, Energy: 330kcal, Carbohydrates: 22g, Protein: 39g, Fats: 9g, Saturated Fats: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g, Monounsaturated Fats: 4g, Ldl cholesterol: 109mg, Sodium: 1349mg, Potassium: 772mg, Fiber: 0.3g, Sugar: 18g, Vitamin A: 51IU, Vitamin C: 3mg, Calcium: 31mg, Iron: 1mg
Vitamin data is an estimate.
This website accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. When you make a purchase order by these hyperlinks, I could obtain a small fee, at no further price to you. Thanks for supporting Kristine’s Kitchen!